276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How Spies Think: Ten Lessons in Intelligence

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A former Director of GCHQ and Cabinet Office security and intelligence coordinator turned academic, Omand is a well-qualified guide. As a securocrat, it makes sense for him to primarily be occupied with the downsides of the digitalisation of our lives. Overall, I enjoyed reading the book, and I did learn a few nuggets that I will take with me in my thinking about critical thinking.

Omands inzichtrijke beschrijving van hun methodes en van de vele valkuilen die zij moeten omzeilen, bepaalt, samen met de vele praktijkvoorbeelden over de interactie van inlichtingendiensten met de wereld van de politiek, de toegevoegde waarde van zijn boek. I suspect the publisher thinks that being a spy is sexier than being an analyst, so using "spies" makes sense from a marketing perspective. Brilliant, lucid and thought-provoking' Christopher Andrew, author of The Defence of the Realm: The Authorized History of MI5From the former director of GCHQ, learn the methodology used by the British intelligence agencies to reach judgements, establish the right level of confidence and act decisively.Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book, all views are my own.

I needed something exciting to read and did not really check who Mr Omand is until I had read the first twenty or so pages.Zijn wetenschappelijke activiteiten komen verder tot uitdrukking in artikelen en inmiddels een drietal boeken.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment